Monday, August 1, 2011

ADHD as a plus in Motherhood

I have Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) have since forever but got diagnosed in college.  I took all this special classes on how to do things to play to my strengths to make me a star and they have helped me immensely in life, but the great thing i have done catering to my strengths is being a mom.

No joke, being a mom with ADD is so satisfying.  I can multi task and do three things at one time yet feel so accomplished. Playing with my Bug, while managing multiple loads of laundry, a sink of dirty dishes to clean ones, and cooking dinner while getting diaper bags and lunches ready for the next day all in a 2 hour period...that's normal and feels so good as an ADHD kid.  That's my every day being an unattached mom and i LOVE my life.

This weekend i really saw some of the things i find in my own ADHD in my Bug.  Don't know if i passed down something to him because to me it just looks as if he is being two, but if he does have it i am grateful ill have the skills to help me succeed and play to his strengths to be a star!

No comments:

Post a Comment