Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Seat and Storage

Pinterest is great.

Last week i was on pinterest a lot and one of the "I Must Do's" i found was from a teachers blog (http://grade2happenings.blogspot.com/). To my surprise i found all the stuff to make it and it only took about 10 minutes to make! It was pretty simple and my Bug loves it, to the point where he was mad last night because i would not let him sleep on top.

I bought 4 crates, 6 zip ties, 2 yards of Thomas the Train fabric, and a roll of poly foam. I zip tied my crates together and let me tell you they are a secure in one line as if they are one piece of furniture.  Then i took my fabric and wrapped it around the foam like a pillow case and glued it shut with a glue gun. Last step i sat my bench on top of the crates and its done. Seat and storage for my Bugs room that took literally about 10 minutes to make. 

I am excited because my bug loves it, and it is something i can keep and use for some years. When the theme of his room changes i will just buy another 2 yards of fabric and wrap it around the old theme. I also did not spend a lot of money on it, which is a great thing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment