Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chicken Cilantro Soup

One of my friends moms use to make me Cilantro soup when I was sick and over the years I've made some adjustments that have turned out pretty tasty. It freezes well and goes well alone or with rice. My bug is smacking away right now so I said let's share!

As always if you make it let me know how it turned out!

MY CILANTRO SOUP
2 Chicken breast halves with the bone
(u need the ones with a bone for broth, boiling a whole chicken works too!)
1 medium onion
2 carrots
2 bundles of Cilantro
2 cloves of garlic

Seasons
Seasoning salt
Pepper
Cayenne Pepper or 1 serrano pepper
1 Chicken bullion cube

Take the chicken breast halves place in a pot, cover with water and add the onion (sliced). Then sprinkle about a tbl spoon of water and a 1/2 tsp of black pepper. Chop up the garlic cloves and add to the pot. Cover and boil until the chicken is tender and falling off the bone.

When chicken is done take out the pot and do not through away broth!! De bone the chicken, toss the bones and shred your chicken. Toss the bullion cube in the water. Chop the cilantro leaves up (both bundles) and toss them in the pot along with the chicken you've shredded. Add in ur carrot (chopped up) half a tsp of canyon or ur serrano pepper. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes then serve over rice and enjoy!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment