Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pudding Paint

I remember being in Tiny Tots and Kindergarten finger painting and having a blast!  We didn't just finger paint but the teacher would take shaving cream and put it on our desks and let is go to town drawing and coloring all over the desk.  When we were done painting the mess just wiped up and we went on our merry little way. 

Well i wanted to do something similar with my Bug this weekend, except he is to little for shaving cream. My main thing was I didn't want him to put it in his mouth.  I know I'm not the smartest woman in the world BUT I'm pretty sure he is not suppose to be ingesting shaving cream. So i got to thinking what could he eat that had a fun gooey consistency that he could play with...PUDDING!


SO...I bought some cheapo Walmart brand vanilla instant pudding for cents, used some Lactose free milk, and divided our pudding into four dishes. I added food coloring into each dish so we had four colors to play with.
Then i put my Bug in his chair and let him explore the possibilities.  Now he would of had more room to paint if i would have sat him at his table but i like my walls white so he had just as good of a time in his high chair! 

He was not to sure about this stuff at first...
 
He kinda just sat there looking at it.  SO i gave him a straw i cut up to use as a paint stick, or whatever and he used it to taste our edible finger paints. (if you look close you can see the flower i made out of our pudding paint before Godzilla destroyed it)
At one point he plopped a hand in the pudding paint and i thought things were about to get messy but then he would not use the hand to paint he just left it in the air and painted with the other hand using his straw. So that was clearly an accident 
Then we got to the point of tasting it.  I was glad at this point that i had made this stuff from pudding and didn't use finger paints.
When our masterpiece was complete we started to clean up. 

I had about half of each container full of pudding still so i put on the lids and put them in the fridge. 

All in all this was a fun activity.  It only took about 7 minutes to prep, and cleaned up quickly.  I'm always looking for things to keep my Bug busy especially during rainy days when he cant go out side, and this one is one we will be doing again.



No comments:

Post a Comment