Thursday, April 14, 2011

James 1-19:28

Today one of my friends posted a bible verse on Facebook.  I looked it up and read the passages before and after it and it brought a lot of things that have been running through my head clarity.  a took a sigh and breath after reading this and said "i hear you Lord".  Now weather or not i be disciplined will be the journey i now start.

I thought i would share it with on here today, someone might need it just as i did...

James 1-19:28
19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
 26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. 

I am always sharing that I have had (and continue to have) so many people directly vocalizing what i should and should not be doing that it gets over whelming at times.  So many people consistently text, email, call and make it a point to have face to face conversations with me about what i should be doing that i have wanted to go from telling the truth one minute onto fibbing the next.  I get so tired of everyone else not trusting in me, and the fact that i am walking in faith that many times i sat and concocted the greatest story, in my head to myself of course, about having a one night stand in Vegas and not knowing who my child's father is, just because i know that will be "accepted more" by those who do not agree with what i am currently doing. Seriously i have, but i have always stuck with the truth ended the conversation and left it at that, they accepted it or not its not my issue to get them to understand.

The sit back listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry just reminded me to breath. Right on time for me so maybe it will for someone else too.  Its not just my own understand but its from a Good Book i once read (thanks Narchelle for that saying!). 

Everything in this passage solidifies what i am doing in my situation is what i need to be doing.  I will continue to listen, smile, pray and let others vocalize what they need to but in faith stay optimistic and faithful about where i am lead without letting it affect me in an uproar.

I can only speak on what i am doing, but maybe me reading this passage at the right time and sharing it will help someone else in a situation they are in.  It helped me just in time when someone else shared...

No comments:

Post a Comment